Primary Research Expert – Ellen Naylor is the CEO of The Business Intelligence Source which helps companies find answers to tough business questions through primary research, that is through connecting with people, such as industry experts, sales people, or your customers. We do not know a stranger. Primary research is used to find solutions in competitive intelligence, market intelligence, customer intelligence and market opportunity analysis. Our primary research findings have helped our clients make millions of dollars in additional revenue as well as saving them millions of dollars which had been earmarked for bad investments. Examples of client questions are:
- We are the market leader in our industry. Sales have been declining over the last few years. Can you tell us why?
- We want to get into the HVAC business in Minnesota. Can you recommend some quality companies we might acquire to get into commercial HVAC?
- We want to win more business in our email marketing business. Can you recommend ways for us to improve our brand ID, sales professionalism and product features? What are competitors telling customers about us?
- We are losing a tremendous amount of business since electric deregulation. Can you tell us why and give us recommendations for our pricing strategy?
In 1985, Primary Research Expert – Ellen Naylor formed Bell Atlantic’s (Verizon) competitive intelligence program for enterprise marketing. Even though technology has exploded since then, getting answers from people through primary research, that is what is in people’s heads, is even more important to our clients who want to maintain their competitive edge. I always assume that companies have similar skill and capability in monitoring the Internet and social media. A key differentiator in competitiveness comes from companies who have strong people networks. Since 1993, The Business Intelligence Source has been digging up information for our clients to make strategic decisions using our primary research skills. In some cases our clients have made important go and no-go decisions. In others our primary research findings have helped them develop a better product or service which has grown sales revenue.
Resources to Support Primary Research
- 20 Tips to Prime Your Primary Research Collection Pump
- What to Look for in a Primary Research Consultant
Contact Primary Research Expert – Ellen Naylor now to help you get answers to your burning strategic questions through primary research whether it’s to retain and win more business through win loss analysis; to close more deals through elicitation training or to train you how to become a primary research expert.
- 64Improve Salesforce Effectiveness Improve Sales close rates Win/Loss Analysis Elicitation Training Custom Research & Product Development Primary Research Trade Show Collection & Analysis Product Introduction / Market Entry Competitive Intelligence Competitive Intelligence Programs Cooperative Intelligence
- 43Primary Research & Analysis Trade Shows New Product Introduction Primary Research & Analysis We have learned that the best information comes from the mouths of individuals, not the Internet, not social media – both awesome places to gain baseline information albeit biased by the company or government…
- 36Improve Sales Close Rates Win/Loss Analysis Elicitation Training Improve Sales Close Rates I started life in Sales, and learned that it is essential to support Sales so they can close and retain more business. In building a relationship with Sales, it is important to learn what they value, which changes often due…